Hi everyone! I hope you’re all having a great day! Today I want to feature a family recipe of mine that my sister Lauren at LuBerry Pie posted a while back. Just as a side note (and I know this mentioned at the end of the post), since I make everything egg-free, flax seed works wonderfully in this recipe instead of the egg whites. Directions for this is listed in the variations. Enjoy!
Today I am going to share a simple and delicious recipe that my mother shared with me. It is extremely adaptable so there are plenty of ways to spice it up if you are looking for something a little more exciting; however, even the most basic version is a crowdpleaser.
- 1 lb. spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 1 lb. shredded cheese (I recommend mozzarella, but you can mix in other kinds for added flavor)
- 2 egg whites
- Your favorite pasta sauce! (I used Newman’s Own Marinara)
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box.
- While pasta is cooking, separate egg whites from yolks and beat.
- Rinse pasta with cold water to cool. (This is very important to prevent the eggs from cooking when they hit the pasta!)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked spaghetti and egg whites, fully covering all of the spaghetti.
- In a 9 x 13…
View original post 174 more words