If you’ve seen my post on Margherita Pizza, you’ll know how much I love tomato, basil, and mozzarella! Now that summer is in full swing, it’s time to eat as much fresh food as possible. That’s why for my family’s Memorial Day cookout a couple weeks ago, I make some mini margherita kebabs to have as appetizers. They’re super easy, healthy, and delicious!
Makes 10 kebabs
20 fresh mozzarella pearls
10 grape tomatoes
5 fresh basil leaves
Balsamic vinegar (optional)
Kosher salt (optional)
- Wash the basil and cut each leaf into four pieces.
- Skewer a mozzarella pearl on a toothpick. I recommend using Crave Brothers cheese if you can get your hands on it, but I’m not sure if it can be found outside of Wisconsin.
- Add a piece of basil, a tomato, another piece of basil, and one more mozzarella pearl.
- Continue with the remaining toothpicks.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with kosher salt.